School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Mr Elyas Malaki Zanjani
- Qualifications: PhD MSc BSc
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2442
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Civil Engineering & Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Teaching Fellow and PhD candidate in the School of Civil Engineering and Surveying at the University of Portsmouth.
My main area of research is the experimental and numerical study of the behaviour of steel fibre reinforced concrete (SFRC). This includes investigation into the effect of different parameters and admixtures on the behaviour of SFRC in various civil engineering applications, particularly jacking pipes.
I began my PhD research on 'optimising steel fibre in concrete composites' in October 2014, after completing an MSc in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering, also at the University of Portsmouth. In 2012, I graduated with a BSc in Mining Engineering from the University of Zanjan, Iran.
I am involved in teaching on undergraduate and postgraduate civil engineering courses, and I supervise final year and independent student projects.
- Fibre reinforced concrete
- Concrete optimisation
- Recycled and replacement material in concrete
- Finite element analysis on concrete applications