School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Mr Richard Wise
- Qualifications: BSc, LLM, PGCLTHE, FRICS, FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Room 1.60, Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2925
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I joined the construction industry in 1978 as a trainee quantity surveyor and have since worked in the contracting and consultancy sectors on a wide range of projects from a £160,000 helicopter landing pad on a Solent lighthouse to a £200 million corporate HQ for a Formula 1 racing team.
I have delivered both civil engineering and building projects including tunnels, roads & bridges, pumping stations & water retaining structures, offices, schools, colleges, hospital buildings and retail projects including new build, refurbishment and fit-out.
After teaching at Salisbury College and Southampton Institute (now Southampton Solent University) from 1995 to 1997, I was tempted back into industry by Davis Langdon where I became an Associate Partner. During my time with DL in addition to managing projects for various clients, I contributed to the Graduate Recruitment and Development Programme and acted as APC supervisor or counsellor for several graduates.
In addition to my specialist areas covering inception, feasibility and procurement of projects, contracts, professional practice and dispute resolution, I am an experienced Value and Risk Manager, having facilitated over fifty workshops for a wide variety of clients.
I am Course Leader for the undergraduate quantity surveying programmes.
I teach professional quantity surveying practice, contracts, dispute resolution and construction cost topics at both undergraduate and postgraduate level on surveying, property development and construction engineering management courses.
- BSc (Hons) Property Development C0704
- BSc (Hons) Construction Engineering Management C0965
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying C2402 (RICS)
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying C2512 (BQSM)
- MSc Quantity Surveying C2170
- Procurement & Precontract Practice U22385
- Precontract and Postcontract Quantity Surveying Practice U22414
- Construction Law, Contracts & Dispute Resolution U23423
- Contract Administration, Claims Management & Dispute Resolution U22506
- Project Evaluation and Development U22398
- Integrating Interprofessional Project U22400
- Measurement, Tender Documentation and Quantity Surveying Practice U22509