School of Creative Technologies
Leila De Lara
- Qualifications: FHEA, BSc (Hons)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 3531
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I am a senior lecturer in Enterprise Education and Digital Marketing and course leader for the MA/MSc Creative Professional Practice, with keen research interests around the entrepreneurial mind-set, and the use of blogging, social media, and digital communication for effective creative business promotion.
An award-winning social entrepreneur, I am particularly interested in the concepts of self-efficacy, the use of educational games in education, resilience and creativity.
- Course leader MA/MSc Creative Professional Practice
- Unit coordinator faculty student enterprise.
- Unit coordinator Enterprise, Innovation, and Opportunity for BSc Games Enterprise.
- Unit coordinator Digital Media Development and Application for MA Digital Marketing.
- Facilitation and delivery of Enterprise and Marketing units across the department.
- Cross-departmental final year project and Masters level supervisor.
I am currently researching towards a PhD on the lived experience of Computer Games students undertaking a self-employed placement year. I hope this will later inform best practice for enterprise education, making recommendations for HE learning and teaching.
I am also looking at Blogging for business, crowd-funding, and social media and marketing strategies for start-up creative entrepreneurs and companies.