School of Creative Technologies
- Qualifications: FHEA, MSc, BTech (Hons), HND
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer; Deputy Head of School; Course Leader – BSc (Hons) Creative Media Technologies
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 5459
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Creative Technologies
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
Originally apprenticed as a mechanical engineer I entered HE as a mature student to study engineering at Plymouth Polytechnic. From there I moved into the social studies of science and technology at the University of Bradford and later at the University of Sussex where I studied at the Science and Technology Policy Research Unit (SPRU). My teaching career began in general studies in FE colleges in Warwickshire and Derbyshire before taking up a lecturing post at Portsmouth Polytechnic in 1989 teaching on the BSc (Hons) Information Technology & Society degree.
Course leader for the IT & Society degree for 10 years from 1991 and promoted to Principal Lecturer in 1997. From 2001 I became co-ordinator for taught Masters programmes with the Department of Information Systems until 2005 when I joined the newly formed School of Creative Technologies.
I am currently the co-ordinator of undergraduate programmes and Deputy Head of School.
Past teaching commitments have included the following subjects:
- Science, Technology and Society
- Social and Organizational Behaviour
- Web Design
Current teaching commitments include:
- Research Methods
- Web Engineering and Design
- Career Management
- Co-ordination of Final Year Projects for (BSc) undergraduates
Current research interests include student attitudes to education and training in the creative sector, and issues around widening participation and achievement.