School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Aminu Abdullahi Isyaku
- Role Title: PhD Researcher
- Address: Burnaby Building Burnaby Road Portsmouth PO1 3QL
- Telephone: 023 9284 2257
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: SEES
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I am interested in multidisciplinary geosciences including geology, geophysics and geological remote sensing. Following my completion of a BSc Geology degree at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Nigeria, I was involved in lecturing since 2007.
My Applied Geoscience (MSc Engineering Geology) degree at the University of Portsmouth fully introduced me to applications of related fields in the geosciences. My involvement in the petroleum prospects evaluation of the Nigerian inland basins for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) further broadened my interests in integrated applications of related geoscience datasets.
I have been involved in activities of international geoscience professional associations since my undergraduate period engaging with experts in both industry and academia.
Presently, I am on academic staff study leave from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria.
- Nigerian Government Petroleum Technology Development Fund.
- Member of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS)
- Member of the Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE)
- Member of the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE)
- Member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- The synergistic relationship existing in multi-source subsurface data integration for stratigraphy and structural analysis.
- Geological relationship between surface and subsurface structural lineaments, their tectonic significance and influence on petroleum prospectivity of sedimentary basins.
- Litho-structural mapping in regions characterised with flat topography and lack of continuous bedrock outcrops.