School of Education and Sociology
Dr Charles Leddy-Owen
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer in Sociology
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 2218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Education and Sociology
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Charlie Leddy-Owen joined the University of Portsmouth in September 2013 shortly after being awarded his PhD from the University of Surrey. Before then he completed an MRes in Nationalism and Ethnic Conflict from Birkbeck, University of London and a BSocSc in Politics from the University of Manchester.
At Portsmouth Charlie teaches an optional second year module, ‘Race, Ethnicity and Society’, a third year module, ‘Nationalism and Migration’, as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Since 2014 Charlie has written numerous journal articles and a book – Nationalism, Inequalities and England’s Political Predicament – exploring racism and nationalism in contemporary England. He has recently worked on an AHRC/EPSRC funded project which saw the creation of an immersive simulation of the experience of gaining asylum in Britain, and an Institute for Strategic Dialogue/Google.org funded series of refugee-centred arts events.
- Sociology and Social Theory