Mr Kanad Kulkarni
- Qualifications: Diploma RS-GIS, BSc Geology, MSc Geology, MSc Petroleum Engineering, PhD (on-going)
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2817
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I graduated with a BSc in Geology from Mumbai University in 2007. I received an MSc in Geology from Fergusson College (University of Pune, India) in 2009, followed by an MSc in Petroleum Engineering from London South Bank University in 2010.
I am currently in the process of completing a PhD in Petroleum Engineering at London South Bank University. I began lecturing at London South Bank in 2011. I became a part time Lecturer at the University of Portsmouth in 2012 and a full time Lecturer in 2014.
My research focuses on reservoir quality determination and property modelling. My studies follows non-conventional methods of image analysis of thin sections, SEM and micro-CT analysis of core samples of unconventional reservoir from Canadian oil sands. My current research activities involve unconventional reservoir studies, economical estimation and petrophysical studies of various fields.
BSc Level 5
Drilling Engineering & Structural Geology and Geophysics
BSc Level 6
Formation Evaluation and Well Logging
Petroleum Fundamentals and Exploration
- Conventional and Unconventional reservoir property determination and modelling
- Application of micro-CT technology in reservoir property determination
- Petrophysical analysis and property determination
- Shale gas development