Dr David Sanders MBE TD VR
- Qualifications: BA BSc DMS MBA PhD FIET FIMechE
- Role Title: Reader in Systems/Knowledge Engineering
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
Until 1990 I was the Research Group Secretary for a research group led by Professor John Billingsley. I formed the Systems Engineering Research Group in 1991 after Professor Billingsley emigrated to Australia.
Between 1991 and 1999, the group went through eight years of slow expansion of the three research areas in the group. This allowed natural groupings to form and the academics within the areas to be tested. Robotics, Manufacturing and Design were the core research areas during that time and research in those areas continues today. From 2000 to 2009 the numbers of staff and students in the research group increased year on year as new staff join as co-investigators for grants and supervisors for research students. From 2010 to 2012 I was mobilised for military service.
As I was away for a few years, the research group combined with the Network Systems Research Group to form the Intelligent and Networked Systems Research Group. Since my return, research has continued in Automation, Computing & Electronics and Design, concentrating on robotics & powered wheelchairs, manufacturing and design-for-assembly.
- Technology Concepts (for designers) Yr 2, ENG512
- Product Electro-Mechanics Yr 3, ENG611
- Automation (specifically, manufacturing, robotics and tele-operation)
- Computing & Electronics (specifically, knowledge based systems, AI and powered wheelchairs)
- Design (specifically, decision making, design-for-assembly, governance and monitoring)