Dr Gianluca Tozzi
- Qualifications: MSc PhD
- Role Title: Reader in Bioengineering
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth, PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2514
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Mechanical and Design Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Reader in Bioengineering at the School of Mechanical and Design Engineering and director of the Zeiss Global Centre. Formerly, I worked at the School as a Senior Lecturer (2015-2018), Lecturer (2013-2015) and Research Associate (2012-2013). I received a PhD in Bioengineering in 2012 from the University of Portsmouth and a 5-year MSc in Mechanical Engineering in 2008 from the University of Bologna.
Advanced materials (MSc)
My research interest include multi-dimensional/modal X-ray Computed Tomography (XCT), correlative microscopy and digital volume correlation (DVC) of biological tissues and biomaterials, such as 3D-printed implants and electrospun scaffolds for tissue engineering.