Dr Ivan Popov
- Qualifications: MEng in Mechanical Engineering, PhD in Engineering Metrology, MA in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 2395
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
My first degree is in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. After I graduated I worked for a company producing small tractors for two years. After that I started my PhD and started teaching at Technical University of Rousse, Bulgaria. After I finished my PhD I became a lecturer at the same University. In 1998, I started I was offered a position as a Senior Researcher and started working for the Manufacturing Engineering Centre (MEC) at Cardiff University, UK. In 2003, I was offered and accepted a position as a Senior Lecturer at University of Portsmouth.
Currently, I am a Principal Lecturer, Course Leader for Mechanical Engineering courses and Programme Coordinator for Mechanical, Product Design and Petroleum Engineering courses. I teach CAD/CAM Systems, CAE and Product Manufacture, Operations and Quality Management, Product Modelling for Manufacture, CAE Product Realisation.
My research interests are in Engineering Design, Reverse Engineering, Engineering Metrology, Quality Control, CACAM, and Advanced Manufacturing Processes.