School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- Role Title: Professional Lead Allied Health and Social Care
- Address: James Watson West, 2 King Richard 1st Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2FR
- Telephone: 023 92 843009
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: SHSSW
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
I myself am a graduate of the University of Portsmouth qualifying in 2005 as a diagnostic radiographer. Prior to my current teaching role I worked at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth.
Since joining SHSSW I have gained a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education and completed a MA in Health and Social Care Management at the Henley School of Business.
My current role includes diagnostic radiography course leader and interprofessional education lead for all undergraduate students within the SHSSW.
My main areas of teaching include anatomy, physical principles, radiographic technique, interprofessional skills and undergraduate project supervision.
My key research interest is the transferability of collaborative working from clinical practice to academia. I am currently a part-time PhD student researching collaboration in health and social care: The knowledge, beliefs and attitudes of health and social care students, academics and practitioners
I am a fellow of the Higher Education Academy and continue to be registered as a diagnostic radiographer with the Health and Care Professions Council
- BSc (Hons) Radiography (Diagnostic and Therapy)
- Advanced Medical Imaging Practice
- Applied Physics of Radiography
- Biological Principles and Applications for Diagnostic Radiographers
- Medical Imaging Modalities
- Principles of Image Interpretation and Locomotor Systems
- Work based Learning 1, 2 and 3
Additional Academic Roles:
- Interprofessional Education Lead