School of Languages and Applied Linguistics
Protocols for Academic staff for the use of Park Learning Resources
Park Learning Resources area is open to all Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences students and staff. It is based in Park Building and is open from 8.30 am to 5.15 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 4.15 pm on a Friday, throughout the year.
Staff in the Learning Resources area are happy to assist wherever possible but in order to be able to provide a good quality and efficient service; they would ask that students and staff observe the following protocols:
- Please contact email@example.com or telephone X6115, to discuss your requirements.
- The technical and resources staff will be as flexible as possible to meet your needs. If you require access to some more specialised equipment then you will need to book this in advance of your visit.
- Academic staff are asked to clarify with students what they would like the students to produce before they contact the Learning Resources staff. For example, if filming is to take place, will the final product be a saved file or a DVD and will the film require editing?
- Consideration by the member of academic staff should be given as to whether the finished product will form part of the student’s assessment and if it will be posted up, eg onto Victory/Moodle for others to see.
- Academic staff are asked to speak to students about what level of support they may require from the Learning Resources staff and if they have experience using the equipment they will need to use or borrow. This will enable the student to inform the Learning Resources Area staff, so that they can plan the appropriate time to spend with the student or groups of students, when they come along.
- If students are asked to edit films, after shooting them, then they will need to use Adobe Premier or Moviemaker. This is a skill which needs to be taught and it may be that other staff need to be involved with this teaching, as well as the LRC staff. This can be arranged in liaison with the LRC staff.