School of Languages and Applied Linguistics
Mr Miguel Arrebola
- Qualifications: BA (Universidad de Valencia), MA (University of Portsmouth)
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer / Subject Area Leader in Modern Foreign Languages
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6042
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Miguel co-ordinates the MFL and IWLP language provision in the School of Languages and Area Studies, and teaches Spanish Language and Language for Professional Communication.
Much of Miguel’s research and KT activities feed into his teaching. He has participated in a variety of regional and national collaborative HE projects exploring the development of re-usable learning objects and ways in which existing resources for MFL could be re-purposed and classified. These included the L2O Sharing Language Learning Objects and theContextualized Learning Activity Repository Tools (CLAReT) projects. He was academic coordinator for FAROES, a Learning Societies Lab, University of Southampton, University of Portsmouth and LLAS JISC-funded project which led to the deployment of the first UK MFL community repository for learners and teachers: the Language Box.
Miguel’s latest HE collaborative projects include OpenLIVES, which focused on the production of Open Educational Resources (OERs) for MFL from original research data documenting the experiences of Spanish migrants, involving MFL students in the production of OERs. The philosophy of ‘student as producer of content’ has also informed Miguel’s case study funded by the HEA which involved SLAS students in the production of a wide range of OERs during their study abroad period.