Portsmouth Law School
Dr James Hand
- Qualifications: BA (Hons), PgDL, PgDipLP, LLM, PhD
- Role Title: Reader in Law, Research Lead
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Portsmouth Law School
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I joined the University of Portsmouth in 2003 and am currently an Associate Senior Lecturer. My teaching interests include Employment Law and Discrimination Law (both of which I have taught to LLB, LLM and undergraduate business students), Contract and Tort Law. I have also taught on introductory law units for business students, the careers and research management unit for lawyers and, in 2004 and 2005, taxation units for accountants.
Employment Law, Discrimination Law, Contract and Tort Law.
My research interests are predominantly related to discrimination law, but other research interests include constitutional reform (particularly reform of the House of Lords on which I have published a several pieces) and aspects of tort law (my article on the compensation culture has been cited in a number of journals and texts as well as in the Hamlyn Law Lectures (2010) and the Master of the Rolls's Holdsworth Lecture (2012)).