Portsmouth Law School
- Qualifications: BA (Hons), Solicitor (non-practising)
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer, Associate Head
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392 844142
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Portsmouth Law School
- Faculty: Faculty of Business Law
I studied Philosophy at Pembroke College, Cambridge before taking the CPE and the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, York. I qualified as a solicitor in 1998, and specialised in commercial property, with a particular emphasis on retail landlord and tenant work.
In 2002 I started lecturing on at Manchester Metropolitan University, initially on the Legal Practice Course and later on the LLB and the PGDL (CPE). From 2010 I was the unit leader for the Land Law unit on the LLB at Manchester Metropolitan University. I have also worked as a Professional Support Lawyer at DWF LLP, where I was responsible for training and professional development within the property team.
I am currently the Unit Co-ordinator for Equity & Trusts and Law of Succession, and I teach on the Land Law unit. I also teach Conveyancing and Probate on the CILEx option.
My research interests focus on the law of succession – please see my Research Profile for more information on my publications.