Portsmouth Law School
- Qualifications: BCL (NUI), Barrister-at-Law (King’s Inns)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844627
- Email: Kieran.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Portsmouth Law School
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
Kieran Walsh is Senior Lecturer in Family and Child Law at the University of Portsmouth. A graduate of Uinversity College Cork and King's Inns, he has previously lectured at the Law Society of Ireland, Griffith College, Dublin Institute of Technology and UCC. He is currently undertaking doctoral studies at the University of Nottingham. Kieran has practiced at the Irish Bar and has worked with as an advisor to the Irish government’s Special Rapporteur on Child Protection.
I am Unit Coordinator for both Family and Child Law and Public Law. I also teach Jurisprudence. Additionally, I am the Departmental Research Degree Coordinator for the Law School.
My main areas of interest are child protection, familial violence, the regulation of intimate relationships, international child law, and private international family law.