Portsmouth Law School
Mrs Alison Poole
- Qualifications: 1989 Human Sciences MA (Oxon);1990 CPE; 1991 Law Society Finals; 1994 Qualified Solicitor (non-practising)
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392 844633
- Email: Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Portsmouth Law School
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I come from a non-law (social sciences) background and took the conversion course before Law Society Finals. I was awarded a training contract at the magic circle firm, Linklaters, where I qualified into the Civil & Commercial litigation department. I was involved with a number of high profile court cases involving professional negligence, commercial property and breach of trust claims while with the firm. Subsequently, I have worked in local government with an interest in public rights of way law and for charities, including Macmillan Cancer Support (in a front-line role giving advice to people with a diagnosis). I joined the team at Portsmouth in 2012 as a part-time hourly paid lecturer and was appointed as a full-time Teaching Fellow in June 2015.
Current Legal Issues; Research & Professional Development; English Legal System; Expert Witnessing & Dispute Resolution; Business & Employment Law; Criminal Law for Business (unit coordinator). Personal tutor (level 4).