Portsmouth Law School
- Qualifications: BA (University College Cork, 2001); Solicitor (Law Society of Ireland, 2010); LLB (University College Cork, 2013)
- Role Title: Senior Teaching Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844637
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Law
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Sarah Atkins is a solicitor qualified to practise both in Ireland and in England & Wales. She joined the university as a teaching fellow in 2015. She previously worked as a solicitor in private practice in Portsmouth in the area of private client and prior to that for the Legal Aid Board in Ireland in the area of child protection and family law. During 2014 Sarah was part of a research project undertaken by the Irish Human Rights & Equality Commission [IHREC] into Direct Provision and delays in the Irish asylum system. She has lectured in Griffith College Cork, Ireland and is a graduate of University College Cork, Ireland.
Sarah is the lecturer in Public international law unit and is co-lecturer in Family & child Law unit. She is a supervisor on the Legal project unit. She is also a seminar tutor in Business & employment law and Equality & human rights units. Additionally Sarah runs the Small Claims Clinic as part of the final year Student law clinics unit, as well as having dissertation supervision duties.
Sarah’s research interests are in family and child law, human rights law, legal ethics, asylum law and refugee law.