School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Dr Ivor Ebenezer
- Qualifications: BSc, PhD, FHEA, FBPharmacolS
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer
- Address: St Michael's Building, White Swan Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2DT
- Telephone: 023 9284
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
PhD in Neuropharmacology (Dept. of Pharmacological Sciences, Medical School, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK), Post-Doctoral research in neuroscience: (Dept. of Anatomy, Medical School, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK and Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK). Present position: Principal Lecturer in Neuropharmacology - School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, UK
Level 4 – Level 7: Person Tutor
Level 4: Neuropharmacology, organisation of the nervous system
Level 5: Neuropharmacology, Neurological disorders
Level 7: Neuropharmacology/Psychopharmacology, drug abuse
School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences Post Graduate and Post Doctoral Officer
MRes – Tutor
PhD - Tutor
- The neural regulation of appetite, food intake and energy homeostasis
- Leptin as a short-term peripheral satiety factor.
- Central GABA-B receptors and the regulation of short-term food intake and long term energy homeostasis.
- The roles of glutamate and 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) in the regulation of food intake.
- The neural mechanisms involved in the control of fluid intake
- Developing methods to assess potential antidepressant activity in novel pharmacological compounds
- Pain and the roles of alternative methods, such as reflexology, in its treatment