School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Dr Nicola Barnes
- Qualifications: PhD PgC MPharm
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: St. Michael’s Building, White Swan Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2DT
- Telephone: 02392 843337
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty: Science
I joined the University in September 2016 as a Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice. Having practised pharmacy across primary and secondary care sectors I value the role of multidisciplinary teams and bring a passion for inter-professional education and working to the University.
My PhD (awarded by University of Southampton 2015), focused on investigating the potential of targeting health care towards those most in need, exploring the concept and role of frailty; and was developed in response to demands on healthcare services observed in practice. My research interest in this area continues, collaborating with researchers both from within the University of Portsmouth and further afield to drive further work.
- Undergraduate teaching across all stages of the MPharm programme, focused on Pharmacy Practice
- MPharm project supervisor
- Supporting the delivery of post-graduate courses
- High risk medicines