School of Area Studies, History, Politics and Literature
Dr Theresa Callan
- Qualifications: PhD Politics (1993), BA (Hons) Politics (1989), FHEA
- Role Title: Head of Department / Principal Lecturer in International Relations
- Address: Milldam, Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, Hants PO1 3AS
- Telephone: 023 9284 6173
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I was appointed Interim Head of Department in 2017. Before that, I was the Associate Dean (Students) for the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (2015-2017) and earlier still, Subject Area Leader for Politics & International Relations. As Interim Head of Department, I am responsible for the teaching, research, and strategic planning for the School.
I currently teach Ethnic Conflict Resolution, a core unit on our BA(HONS) International Relations Programme.
Areas of research interest and supervision:
- Ethnic Conflict
- International Relations Theory
- Student Experience
- Learning, Teaching, and Assessment